How to Apply Eyeshadow Like a Pro
Loved for its many color and vast formulations, “eyeshadow” is one of most people’s favorite beauty products. From one solid color to smoky and many color combinations in between, there are many ways to wear eyeshadow. The first way that most people learn how to apply eyeshadow is as a single color across the entire lid. This is typically applied in a sweeping motion with a foam eye shadow applicator. This can be used for light colors or for bright colors. It works for any shadows and is good for a basic, fast style.
How to Apply Eyeshadow Methods
Two Color Blends – How to Apply Eyeshadow
A second common how to apply eyeshadow style is two colors blended. You would start by choosing a light color. You would take a flat eye shadow brush and apply it from the inner corner through three quarters of the lid. Second, choose a darker color and a fluffy eye shadow brush. Use this brush to apply shadow to the outer quarter of the lid and lightly through the crease. This should be done in small circular motions through the outer half of the crease of the lid.
More Smokey Look – How to Apply Eyeshadow
The final option is good for those wanting a more intense, smoky look. You want to pick three colors in the same family for this look, a light, medium and a dark. You will start by taking the flat eye shadow brush and applying the light color to the inner half of the eye lid. Take the medium color and apply it with a second flat shadow brush over the other half of the eye. Finally you want to take the dark color and apply it to a fluffy crease crush. Using the same circular motion from the second technique, blend the dark color into the crease and outer corner of the eye. This will provide you with a smoky and well defined eye shadow look.
But wait, there are many more other methods as well you should give a try.
Different Eyeshadow shapes How to Apply Eyeshadow
- Inner Corner Eye Shadow Shape: only apply to the inside on the lid. A darker shade would be nice and mostly suitable for wide eyes and it will help to reduce space between eyes.
- Outer Corner Shape: This is suitable for many eye types, but more if you are having a closed eye set. Add a dark shade to the lid of outer corner.
- Both Corners Eye Shadow Shape: This compliments for every shape. You can use dramatic colors and this will not make a difference in the look of your eye size.
- Cat Shaped Outer Corner: Apply the darkest shadow to the outer corner. A great upwards pulled look.
- Upwards – Outer Corner & Crease: Again a great shape for all eye types. Apply dark shadow to the outer corner and cease and blend upwards. For hooded eyes, you will need to blend further upwards to make it appear.
- Banana Shaped Eyeshadow: If you want your eye set to appear wider and with longer lids, apply a darker shadow as shown in the picture.
- Whole Lid Eye Shadow: This is a heavy eye shadow application done by applying dark show to whole lid. Apply dark shadow to the entire lid.