How to Apply Eye Makeup Tips
Applying eye makeup can define your look. Here’s how.
- Make sure they are around the eyes is not too dry. If it is, apply moisturizer around your eyes. Do not moisturize the lids as it will make them greasy.
- Apply primer on the lids. While this is optional, it is advised to use primer. This will smoothen your skin and will help in keeping the makeup on for longer
- Use concealer under, and around the eyes to even out skin tone. This should cover up dark circles, if any. The concealer can be blended using your fingertips or a blending brush. Then apply some flesh toned powder to help set it. Apply powder to your eyelids as well.
- Choose any eye shadow as per the purpose of the makeup. Use subtle, or neutral colors during the day, and more striking colors for nights. It should also be coordinated with your eye, skin and hair color.
- Apply a medium tone, as base, on the lower area of your eyelid. Use a to and fro wiper motion.
- Use a light highlighting color on the brow bone. Something like gold, or white works best for most people.
- Now, apply a darker color on the crease of the lid. Start from the outer corner and work your way inside till the middle of the lid. Use short strokes.
- Blend the two colors using a blending brush to create a more smooth, evened out look.
- Apply eye liner. You can use gel, liquid or pencil liner as per preference. While black suits best for most, the color can be chosen as per preference.
- Curl eye lashes using a lash curler.
- If using false lashes, glue them to the lashes before applying mascara.
- Apply mascara generously on both the upper and lower lashes. Curl lashes again if required.